(02 December 2019) – The European Commission has published the reports that depict the profile of health systems in 30 countries.
Country Health Profiles are being issued with the Companion Report that shows some of the biggest trends in the transformation of the healthcare systems and draws key conclusions from the Profiles.
The Companion Report brings out some of the biggest trends in the transformation of our health systems:
• Vaccine hesitancy is a major threat all across Europe.
• The digital transformation of health promotion and disease prevention can result in winners and losers.
• Gaps in health care accessibility are still very much a reality in the EU.
• Skill mix innovations among the health workforce show great potential for increasing the resilience of health systems.
• The product life cycle of medicines reveals ample scope for Member State cooperation.